INTERNSHIP WITH CONDUCIVE SPACE FOR PEACE
Location: Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Application deadline: 15th June 2023
Internship starting date: August 1st 2023
Duration: 5 months. Full time with flexibility.
Conducive Space for Peace (CSP) is now recruiting an intern to support our work in pursuing changes in the global peacebuilding and development system. The intern will get the opportunity to get in-depth learning about the international peacebuilding and development systems and the agenda to promote local leadership in international collaboration, and particular insights in organising and implementation of convenings The intern will be a full member of the global CSP team consisting of six staff and will collaborate across the entire team.
Conducive Space for Peace is an international NGO registered in Denmark. The organisation’s mission is to transform the global peacebuilding system to better enable local leadership and equitable partnerships. CSP works as a connector and accompanier, taking forward change initiatives through analysis, network building, training and reimagining processes that catalyse systems change for locally led peacebuilding.
CSP strives to embody the change that we pursue, which means that we hold equity at the core of our engagement and actions. As part of the external change process and our internal ways of working, we seek diversity within the organisation and within the broader institutional framework with which we engage.
The role and responsibility of the intern
The role will include roles and responsibilities relating to the following:
- Provide project support for three-week training on environment and conflict transformation for Danida Global South partners (include participation in full training programme)
- Support a CSP facilitated global initiative to reimagine the international peacebuilding system
- Support planning and implementation of Danish based and international learning processes and convenings on local leadership in peacebuilding and development
- Support updating resource base on innovative practices for promoting local leadership in international collaboration
- Support communications planning and implementation including in relation to launch of publications, initiatives and external events.
- Support organising of team and board seminars.
- Support day-to-day administrative and coordination tasks.
Qualifications and personal competences
The intern should be enrolled in a relevant field of study such as Peace and Conflict Studies, International Relations, Global Development, Development Communication, Global Studies or equivalent, either at the last year of a BA or at MA level. Other qualifications relevant for this position are the following:
- Interest in and some understanding of peacebuilding and development work.
- Good communication skills and knowledge and experience of working with different social media platforms and virtual means of communication
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Proficiency in Danish is an advantage.
- Experience in any of the areas of engagement as described above is preferred.
The position is based at the CSP office in Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, with up to 37 hours of work per week. There will be flexibility in work hours as is the general practice for all staff. If you are not supported by SU or another stipend, you will receive a monthly stipend of 5000 per months throughout the internship period.
Further information about the position can be obtained by contacting Mie@conducivespace.org.
Please submit a one-page motivation letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 15th 2023. Please write ‘intern’ in the subject line of the email. Interviews will be conducted shortly thereafter.
Founder and Co-Director
Theresia Kirkemann Boesen
Chair of the Board